Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Settling Down

After months of planning & preparation (not that i did much! i just did whatever whenever i thought of it.. haha.. ), I've finally arrived!
So far, everything has gone quite smoothly.
Initially, when i bid my family farewell in the airport, things felt quite surreal, as though i was off to the supermarket or something. It still hadn't registered with me that i wouldn't be seeing them for the next few months. haha..
But that lasted just a little while.
As I started pushing my trolley away, i started feeling more and more overwhelmed, like, "Wow! This IS happening!"
After that time just flew, despite my wish to be seated next to hunks on my flight, Esther's prediction came true. I was seated in between these 2 bearded Australian uncles, one of which walked to the toilet in his socks (haha.. like Eunice!).
When i arrived at Wellington, the custom officers unpacked all the stuff from my huge 28kg luggage cos they wanted to X-ray the bag cos on its own it was already real heavy & the fruit of my hours of packing was destroyed! hehe.. I had to just stuff everything back in record time after that.
A few other exchange students also took the same flight as me so i got to talk to some of them but we're all stayin at different places so I'll only be meetin them tomorrow during orientation.
Anyway, I've moved into my place. It's quite a nice place.. looks a bit bare but ok la..
got the zen look mah! hehehe..

I've unpacked all my stuff. Obviously.


My bed. I didn't have a duvet n pillow last night so i nearly froze my butt off even though i was wearing 2 warm trousers, and 3 sweaters.

Yup, so the first thing i did today was to go get a set!

My study table!

As you can see, I made sure I got my internet activated as soon as I arrived.

The fully-equipped kitchen!


My first meal in New Zealand! Cooked by my two lovely housemates from ...

... ... ...

Malaysia! Jessie & Joyce.

That's Jessie's arm you see in the corner. heh.

today they brought me for a walk around and showed me part of the school, the library, the shops. We also had chinese food for lunch, which was rather expensive at NZD8.50! (for a plate of sweet & sour pork rice! but to be fair the portions were huge la.)

yup.. that's it so far! nothing much has happened. I'm feelin quite happy so don't worry!

(yah Ma... I've taken the vitamin C tablet & ginseng pills!)

hehe

2 Comments:

Blogger soleil said...

good good. look after yourself. i speak for all of us at home :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger esther_t11 said...

anisa, i nid to contact u urgently!hope u read tis in time for my bidding. ur courses how ar? cos i may wan to take strat brand this term...u wan to take advertising?
i noe u dowan..contact me k! headache..this week is the bidding manz..contact me!!!

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home